http://www.zincx.com/files/2014/09/zincxLogo.png 0 0 Paul Prior http://www.zincx.com/files/2014/09/zincxLogo.png Paul Prior2014-06-03 01:47:552014-07-14 16:57:07The State of the Internet is...Mobile
Here are the highlights from Mary Meeker’s State of the Internet 2014:
For us, the most important thing is the growth of mobile, which is driving the internet, and video is driving mobile. We’ve got the ad formats to capitalize on this trend.
Internet user growth has slowed below 10%, smartphone growth is still strong but slowing.
- But mobile data traffic is accelerating—up 81% year-over-year—thanks to video, where mobile is now 22% of consumption.
- Only 30% of the world’s 5.2 billion mobile users have smartphones—still room for growth, but not in the US.
- There are still more global TV users (5.5 billion) than mobile phone (5.2 billion).
- 97% of smartphone share OS “made in USA” vs. 5% in pre-iPhone era.
- About 5 million Bitcoin wallets exist, up 8 times year-over-year.
- Tinder users “swipe” 800 million times per day, up 21 times year-over-year.
- 66% of U.S. tablet owners are surfing the web while watching TV. 44% are shopping.
- 52% of ESPN’s digital users access only on smartphones and tablets, representing 48% of time spent.
- China’s mobile Internet users now ~80% of total China Internet users. More critical mass for mobile web than anywhere, and leading mobile commerce revolution.
- Six of top 10 Internet properties “made in USA”—down from 9 of top 10 last year—with more than 86% of their users outside America. “China rising fast.”